Monday, March 24, 2008

Reaction to "I have a dream" by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

One of the most famous speeches of all times, “I Have a Dream” shows humanity the inequalities that we have. Most of the time we talked among ourselves that we should live in a place surrounded by people that equal than us, and how cool would it be to not pay attention to discrimination. Now days we can experience discrimination even a little because where we are.

Here in Miami, the majority of the population is Latin, Hispanic even blacks I think is a majority above whites. Unfortunately we deal with discrimination every day by the little amount of people that are still part of Miami. Also between Hispanics we tend to discriminated or even hate some other Hispanic cultures. I have a dream to, the dream that all humans would be equal and will help each other to succeed in life, which no matter how far the others are humanity finds a way to help them in their pain.

I think that all of us have a dream, that it is not a dream I call it a reality in progress, because I know that if we set our minds to something, even something good, that dream could become in no time a very pleasant reality.

No comments: