Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Reaction to "Cultural Baggage" by Barbara Ehrenreich.

I think that everybody has a past, and may be that past is nothing. On the essay "Cultural Baggage" by Barbara Ehrenreich we can understand the different point of views that each person has about their back ground. Some people will question the idea of not having a background as something very weird or even impossible, but they are completely wrong. There are different ways to prove to you that you have a past and if you have a past you also have a cultural baggage; that means that you have something to give to your children.
In my family we are Catholics, my mom and I don't go to church very often and my mom does not like the "fathers”, anyways she calls herself a catholic, I do to. My kids will be raised by the catholic tradition and I guess my husband would have to share my traditions to. But what happens when I don’t have a religion or even a tradition? Well Barbara shows that even not having a religion does not mean that you don’t have any culture you actually created a new tradition and transport that to your kids. The "none" culture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for taking the time to publish this information very useful! keep posting:)

www.n8fan.net