Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Reaction to "Why we crave Horror movies" by Stephen King

Stephen King is consider by some the master of Horror fiction. But for me is the guy that showed me why some people like scary or horror movies. Well I say some because I hate horror films, I get so nervous that I start crying or even worst I fainted (trust me it could happen). I am also afraid of the dark so I need to see certain light anywhere I go because, if I don’t see light that would make me feel super insecure and freak me out.

On the essay Mr. King tells the reader that he thinks that “we are all mentally ill”, meaning that we pay for something that is consider bad; like seeing a murder or torture people, (Really you need to be more then crazy to like that type of feeling) Could you imagine that, God fore bits the person that you see in the movie is any body close to you, or it is you; I would DIE just to imagine my mom or my boyfriend in one of Mr. King books or films, as a character.

Finally not only I will never pay to go and be scared by something that for sure will not let me sleep, but I will never say that being scared is something fun. May be my mental illness is to be freaked out by horror movies that everybody sees as normal films.

No comments: